Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Guest - Garry Brown!

1) What was your first published work?
First published work was in late 2006, I think. It was a 10 page story for a horror anthology in the UK. I don't remember the name. I was doing a lot of shorts back then to get experience before heading over the the Kubert school in '07. I wanted to get as many pages under my belt as possible.

2) Who or what inspires you?
Recently it's been Bob Peak and Illustrators from that era. I've been looking at a lot of their work.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
It's a toss up between Batman and Hellboy. Those are my top two characters that I'd love to draw. Illustration wise, I'd love to get more poster work.

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration(s) you've sent?
The first one is a poster for Die Hard that I finished a month or so ago. I love the movie so it was a great project to be part of. The other is a page from my current series The Massive from Dark Horse. I'll be working on that series for another year or so.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
I'm doing another Mass Effect short and cover for Free Comic Day plus my monthly work on The Massive. Also a bunch of covers for Marvel, Boom etc. Getting to do more Planet of the Apes covers.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
Probably something science related. Theoretical Physics would be my choice.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
This is a link to my website: www.garrybrownart.com my deviant art: thisismyboomstick.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment