Saturday, August 6, 2011

August Guest – Adam Tooby!

1) What was your first published work?
My first published work was nothing too exciting - Some IPC parts drawn up for airbus indusrtie A 320's! Black and white line drawings of how the fuselage went together. Its moved on since then thank goodness!

2) Who or what inspires you?
Who or what inspires me - Ohh that's so hard to pin down just to one thing , there are some many different artists and subject matter have inspired me over the years - . If I had to pinpoint any area for inspiration ir would be the imaginative and diverse worlds that were created by George Lucas and Star wars - I was only 4 when it came out so I grew up with all this wonderful imaginative period in the late 70's and 80's Sci fi. As for artists then On the aviation front it would have to be People Like Roy cross, RG smith and concept/CGI artists then people like Daniel Simon and Scott Robertson - These guys for me have changed the way we create and do things.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
That's and easy one - it would have been to be part of the design team for any of the star wars productions! But the aviation art runs a very close second! - this I am lucky enough to be doing daily.

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
This piece' Fleeing hawks' is depicting a famous encounter from the Falklands war - Its an FRS1 Harrier chasing down the Skyhawks from Argentinain air force. I tried to capture the bleak cold conditions of the south Atlantic and also reading the mission report i have included as much as I could about the conditions and scenario on that day the events took place in 1982.
The others are just some samples of other subject matter.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
More Planes - busy in the aviation field right now - Also lots of other projects that I can't discuss until they are published - sorry! All i will say is that its very diverse.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
Ohh - probably and accountant - apart from drawings I was quite good with numbers!

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
Sure I have two sites - www.adamtoobystudio.co.uk - this is in development but there are some active galleries here and also www.finesthourart.com – This is my other site where we sell the aviation prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment