Saturday, July 2, 2011

July Guest – Bob Eggleton!

1) What was your first published work?
Back in the early 80's, I did alot of cartoons for papers and so forth. Fun stuff. First bookcover was a re-use of an existing piece for a book.

2) Who or what inspires you?
Great master artists and nature and outdoors. My favorite artists are Turner, John Martin, Ivan Aivazovsky, John Constable, John Frederick Kensitt, and Arnold Bocklin.Ostensibly landscape artists when you get right down to it. I am drawn to the natural world first and the supernatural as an offshoot.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
Anything by HP Lovecraft like AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
Sent you a variety of pieces. One-Raindbow Dragon is a massive 30x40 dragon painting I did for the sheer fun of it and doing something big in oils. The second large 30x40 was a commission called "The Gathering Dragons". Also some(3) concept art I did for the film The Ant Bully. And some small "nature" studies done very small, 8x10 inches, some sketches of my favorite monsters,and a drawing of a mammoth for a prehistoric book.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
A number of things. I just finished the cover art to the novel version of THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, and am working on a few covers. I want to take a sabbatical and do the things that I want to do for me.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
I really don't know. It scares me to think about it.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
My best communication area is my blog. http://bobsartdujour.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment