Sunday, July 3, 2011

July Guest - Jimmy Broxton!

1) What was your first published work?
The Unwriten issue 10 for DC/Vertigo, where I did finished art from Peter Gross's thumbnail layouts.

2) Who or what inspires you?
I think I'm inspired by anything that takes my fancy, from comics, illustration, movies to industrial design. If I had to name names, they would include in no particular order: Noel Sickles, Milton Caniff, Alex Toth, Richard Corben, Frank Robbins, Hugo Pratt, Crepax, Howard Chaykin, Wally Wood, Harvey Kurtzman, Herge, Rene Gruau, Jean Giraud, Dave Gibbons, Billy Wilder, Stanley Kubrick, Orson Welles, Kurosawa, Hitchcock, to name but a few.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?
My dream job would be wirting and drawing a daily newspaper adventure strip featuring my own characters, but alas I was born about 40 years too late. I can dream can't I? You did say dream job?

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?
What can I say, big gorilla, cool architecture, bi-planes, it's a win/win situation subject matter wise. The other pic is Daredevil, the only marvel Comics character I have any real interest in.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
Right now I'm working on my tan on the adriatic coast in Italy, work-wise I have a number of projects on the go, all a bit hush/hush, some, I hope, will see the light of day.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?
I would have liked to practiced law, but I suspect I don't have the memory for all the facts, or the wig for that matter.

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?
No web links as yet, I'm not one for self promotion, should have some new stuff out soon though, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment