Friday, July 1, 2011

July Guest - Mick McMahon!

1) What was your first published work?
'Geoff Gimp Private Investigator' in 'It's All Lies' circa 1974.

2) Who or what inspires you?
My determination not to repeat the mistakes in my previous work.

3) What would be your dream job to illustrate?

I would love to draw 'The Saga of Burnt Njal'.

4) Tell us a bit about the illustration you've sent?

This is a splash page from my Tank Girl series. She has just discovered that revenge does not taste sweet.

5) What can we expect to see from you next (what are you working on)?
I'm just starting a series called 'Kestrels', written by Ben Dickson and drawn by me. It's about children and their adventures in World War Two.

6) If you hadn't become an artist what do you think you'd have ended up doing?

When I was little I always wanted to join the Navy, I had been told that 'all the nice girls love a sailor'...

7) Where can we see more of your work (web links)?

http://tuggingyourcoat.blogspot.com
http://mickmcmahon.onlinefolio.biz

2 comments: