Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chinook

Graeme Neil Reid,Illustration

I see a lot of these flying about, I keep a pair of binoculars in my studio as I get a fair amount of passing air traffic. Chinooks are great, they look great and they sound proper war film great, wokka wokka wokka wokka wokka wokka wokka wokka etc. (substitute your own helicopter noise as you see fit). Once again I know no technical details about the craft but Wikipedia have all those kind of facts should you wish to know them.

The interesting thing for me on this piece was that for a change I coloured it before I inked it. I lightly penciled out the shape of the helicopter and then set to work with my colour Promarker pens. Once I was happy with it in colour I added in the ink work. Back to front but a fun experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment