Monday, May 31, 2010

Jonday - Muse Challenge

So over on the ArtOrder blog, intarweb home of Jon Schindehette, head of art on the DnD brand at Wizards of the Coast, there is a challenge/contest in progress. Jon runs these things quite regularly, and they're well worth checking out. The ArtOrder blog is general is an absolute goldmine of info for anyone looking to break into freelance illustration.

Anyhow, this challenge is about taking some reference material of model and artist's muse Veronika Kotlajic and making a piece of art for a poster. The winning 5 entrants will feature on posters to be sold for charity. You can check out all the finer details here.

I don't normally get time to take part in these things, as my schedule runs pretty full most of the time. But since this one was for charity I found the time. Here's my entry:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And here's the thumb wot you can click to see it a little bigger:


The deadline for entries is tonight. Mine's in. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. s'good stuff Jon, love the crashing rock city doo daa. Good luck, I think its a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is one of the busiest artists I know (after Graeme)yet he still finds the time for charity gigs! Gooooooooo....Jonny boy!

    Nice piece, you have that diffused slightly out of focus background which frames the interest on the foreground character thing down to a fine art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work, Jon. Love this - one of my favorites from you.

    ReplyDelete