Saturday, May 1, 2010

Digging Deep


If you were ever to visit my parents house and sit in their kitchen you would most likely see an assortment of linedrawings on one wall. They were drawn by me....a very long time ago.
The one above was drawn when I was 16 years old. It may be one of the earliest drawings I did using a crowquill and indian ink.

This one probably dates from a year later, the hatching is a bit more ambitious, though you can tell I've never drawn from life at this point.

I think this one was done just before I left home, I was keen on drawing monsters at that time and also crosshatching....lots of crosshatching. The bemused looking creature on the lower right was the family dog.

Next week I will continue to trawl through the very early stages of my career, this time some of my portfolio pieces from when I was trying to get work in 1993. So you'll see what 4 years of Art College did to me and 2 years of patchy employment and Dole.

Until then...

2 comments: